...

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Bronze Goddess Summer Glow Multi-Palette by Estee Lauder

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Tis the season of the department store mega-GWP's, and I used the Saks Fifth Avenue event to purchase a few of the 2016 Bronze Goddess items from Estee Lauder.
This is my first foray into the limited edition Bronze Goddess line, where Estee Lauder releases a few limited edition items designed to emphasize and amp up your summer glow. Of course, the Summer Glow Multi-Palette ($50)is what first grabbed by attention. Here is what EL has to say about it:
Illuminate. Contour. Blush. Radiant, sun-kissed color for face, cheeks and eyes. Use each shade on its own to sculpt and define, or blend shades together for a natural-looking, all-over glow.
Let the sun worship you. 
 
There were hardly any reviews available when I purchased, so I rolled the dice and took a chance on this beautifully designed palette. Let's see how that turned out.
I was hoping that the palette would feature Estee Lauder's Gelee formula, but that doesn't seem to be the case. My true hope was that this would be a less expensive version of Tom Ford's Skin Illuminating Powder Duo ($80) with the added bonus of a blush. Again, not the case, even though Estee Lauder is the parent company of Tom Ford's makeup line. Okay, enough with what the palette isn't.
2 back/forth swipes in palette
It is a gorgeous highlighter, a pretty blush ,and an okay bronzer. I say bronzer despite it being described as a contour, as I find it too warm and light to work as a true contour for moi. The highlighter has the most oomph when it comes to laying down pigment, which is finely milled and quite lovely on the skin.
3 back/forth swipes in palette
The blush and bronzer can be built up in intensity, but they are more on the subtle side and I doubt would show up well on darker skin tones. They both apply smoothly and do not emphasize skin imperfections. Here are a few pictures in different lighting:
Le Metier de Beaute Nudite lip pencil (review here) topped with Paul & Joe's Toujours Heureux lipstick (review here)
Foundation (both):  BareMineral Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel in Natural 05(review here) mixed with Becca Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation in Sand.
Clarin's Coral Tulip Joli Rouge Brilliant Perfect Shine Sheer Lipstick (review here)
Bottom line:  I'm not sure the formula or the colors of the Bronze Goddess Summer Glow Multi-Palette are unique enough to justify the $50 price, but I do like them as they work well with my skin tone, and I will enjoy using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment