...

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Forbidden Kiss Infallible Pro Matte Gloss by L'Oreal

Disclaimer:  Received as compensation for participation in consumer study.
Did you know that L'Oreal has a Consumer Product Testing Program that you can sign up for?  I've participated in a few of them now, including one this month for a brow product.  In return for testing and giving feedback on products in development, L'Oreal will send makeup products as a thank you, which is how I received the Forbidden Kiss Infallible Pro Matte Gloss.
Forbidden Kiss is a raspberry magenta that I associate color-wise more with fall, although there is really no reason why I wouldn't wear it in warm weather as well.
This looks mighty glossy in the arm swatches, doesn't it?  I decided to compare it with a similar matte shade that I own, Pucker Up by Julep.  Pucker Up is distinctly matte when swatched, with more of a mousse-like texture.
However, Forbidden Kiss does become matte when sheered out/patted on the lips, which is how I like to wear it.  The color of Forbidden Kiss also becomes very similar to Pucker Up when sheered out, although Pucker Up has more of a violet undertone that makes it lean more pink.. The formula is comfortable on and my lips did not feel like they were suffering even after several hours of wear. While not transfer proof, the color did last for a good 3-4 hours.

Pucker Up by Julep
Forbidden Kiss by L'Oreal
Overall, thumbs up for Forbidden Kiss!  It's not something that was on my radar, but I'm quite happy to have received it as compensation for the consumer study.

No comments:

Post a Comment