...

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Julep March Maven Box: Lighten Up

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I recently received an email from Julep letting me know that my old subscription plan was being upgraded to the newer plan at no extra cost to me. Sweet. Essentially that means I can now customize my box while still paying the grandfathered in price of $19.99.
It was really perfect timing, as I was just about to run out of the Rethink Your Shower Hydrating Body Cleansing Oil, which I really enjoy and even made my best of 2015 list. Considering it's a more expensive item ($38) and I can still add it to my box?  Extra sweet.
This cleansing oil has Grape seed oil to sooth skin and tighten pores, coconut oil to prevent dryness, Kukui nut seed oil to moisturize and protect, grapefruit peel oil to cleanse and even skin tone, and glycerin and urea to help skin retain water. It has a light citrus fragrance and will suds up nicely if you use a net poof. Otherwise it's low sudsing but still effective.
For my polish I chose Yiyi ($14), a pink freesia holographic jelly.  This is a new finish from Julep, and it performed and wore very well.  I love jelly polishes and this is the first time I've seen a jelly holo.  NOTD pics will be up on Friday featuring Yiyi and an azalea or two, as they are currently blooming in Mobile.
I'm also a big fan of Julep's When Pencil Met Gel eyeliners ($16), and there were two new colors offered this month:  a blue and a teal. I went with the Electric Teal Shimmer, and it's a beauty.
Seriously, these rival any pencil eyeliner I've tried, and I've tried a LOT.  The color is vibrant, smooth, and budge proof once it sets. Julep claims these have a 10+ hour wear time, and I can get a good 8-9 hours on my oily lids, which is about as good as it gets for me.
Quite happy with the March Maven box and I think Julep is hitting their stride with their non-polish/nail products. I still remember the naysayers who were dismayed that Julep was venturing into new territory with cosmetics and skincare, but I say keep going! There have definitely been more hits than misses for me in the past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment