...

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Empties! Products I Used Up in January/February

I've lost track of time when it comes to the products I've finished in the last few months, but I think these fall within the January/February time frame, so we'll go with that.  Some of these items I've been working on for years, it seems like...case in point:
I've had the Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads for at least 3 years. Obviously I only used them sporadically, but 90 pads will last me quite a while. I believe these were being discontinued due to a new reformulation, and it was a BOGO so I've got another tub waiting to be opened. The selling point of this formula is that it is a alpha/beta/gamma all-in-one exfoliator.
I've read discussions that the pH is too high to really do it's job, but my face does tingle when I use these.  I like them enough that I'll eventually make my way through the second tub.
Clarin's Tonic Body Treatment is a light body oil with a light herbal scent.  I like the smell and thought the oil did a nice job of moisturizing when applied to slightly damp post shower skin.  This was a deluxe sample size but it lasted quite a while.  Thumbs up.
I wasn't expecting much from the Ahava Deadsea Water Mineral Body Lotion, but I ended up really liking it.  From the scent to the texture/formula, I thought it was delightful. I've got more body lotion than I can get through, but I'd purchase if I needed lotion.

The Ganache for Lips is my new favorite lip balm.  I bought a set of these in different flavors and so far Chocolate Mousse is my favorite.  The chocolate scent is realistic and not overly sweet, and the formula does a great job of keeping my lips moisturized and happy. Good stuff.

I've reviewed Le Metier de Beaute's Skin Tonic here, so I won't go into much detail except to say it was a nice luxury priced toner.  I prefer several less expensive toners more, so I won't be repurchasing.  Of the last two items, the Julep Grapefruit Body Frosting was lovely but is now discontinued, and LaLicious went through a reformulation that left me less than impressed.

I've been trying to incorporate more sheet masks into my skincare routine, although that roughly translates to once or twice a week.  Still, they give me that pampered feel along with a boost of moisture that my skin has appreciated during the colder months.
I'm not sure I can tell much difference between the ones I tried so far, but all of these were nice.  If I had to pick favorites it would be the two honey based ones, but that's because my skin likes honey:-)
Lots of foils got used as well, with the the Hask Macadamia Oil conditioner standing out in a positive way.  This large sample packet came attached to a bottle of shampoo in the same formula, and both are lovely. Inexpensive and lovely.
The Boots Ionic Clay Mask with it's simple formula was also another surprise. Sometimes simple does = better.
Last up is the Black Sugar Mask by Skin Food.  I got about 3 uses from this packet, and I was left feeling a bit ho-hum about it.  Not bad, but nothing that left me excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment