...

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Le Métier de Beauté February/March VIP Boxes: Get Your Glow On

Disclaimer:  I purchased these.
After several lackluster months, Le Métier de Beauté has redeemed themselves with the February and March VIP boxes.  Both boxes feature products that are designed to make your skin glow, so let's take a look.
The cult favorite Peau Vierge Tinted Luminizer is both skincare and makeup. You can use it as a face primer or mix it with liquid foundation for a soft glow that is truly lovely.  Here is how Neiman Marcus describes it:

Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Complexe contains the breakthrough, proprietary delivery system Syntoc Actif. This exclusive and patented technology aids in the improved delivery of key ingredients. Among those ingredients is retinol—the most efficacious anti-aging active proven to smooth lines, refine texture and even tone. SPF 18 protects the complexion, while light-diffusing pigments help to instantly blur and diffuse imperfections for a smooth, radiant, natural-looking finish.

I still have a Peau Vierge that I received back in 2014 from the VIP subscription, so I've broken that one out to use up.  It will take a while, as a pea sized amount is enough to cover my face and the tube sent back in 2014 is a whopping 2 ounces, which is twice as much as the pump (1 oz, $125).  So, I'm set for a while :-)
Peau Vierge somes in 4 different shades, but these are sheer in nature and I think the difference is subtle at best.  I've only used Shade 2, which is described as a true neutral beige, and it's perfect for my skin.  It's actually hard to see Peau Vierge in skin swatches, but if you enlarge the picture below you can see the shimmer on my hand after I applied it to my face.
March's offering is the Trompe l'Oeil powder highlighter, which was designed for the VIP program. It's a gorgeous pink champagne hue and I'm definitely looking forward to playing with this one.  While I use highlighters year round, spring definitely brings them even more to the forefront.  I will post a more thorough review once I have used this a bit.
The enclosed card indicates you can wear it over blush or as an eyeshadow as well, and the powder is finely milled with that ethereal type of glow that should look good wherever you decide to wear it.  Trompe l'Oeil is French for "deceive the eye" and is an art technique where objects appear to be 3-dimensional.  Great name for a highlighter.

Well done, LMdB, well done. You can't go wrong with Peau Vierge, and Trompe l'Oeil looks very promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment