...

Friday, March 24, 2017

Memebox Changes and Haul #1

Disclaimer: I purchased this.
In early March Memebox announced some changes they will be making, which prompted 2 separate purchases on my part. Here is a screenshot of part of the announcement I received via email:
Since Memepoints expire on April 30 (plus they added $5 in points to my account), I did a little shopping.
Our Remedy for Sensitive Skin Set
The Our Remedy for Sensitive Skin Set ($22) is no longer available, although most of the items are if purchased separately. The Holika Holika 99% Aloe Vera Gel ($8) will be great for my skin now that the weather is getting warmer. It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which came in handy when I needed  something to soothe some raw spots caused by allergies on Lily, my miniature Schnauzer.

The Tea Tree Refresh Calming Toner by Secret Key ($10) is targeted towards those with oily or acne-prone skin, which makes it a good option for me. It is supposed to calm break outs and inflammation, as well as regulate sebum production.  The ingredient list looks like it could deliver on it's claims, so we shall see:
Tea Tree Leaf Water, Alcohol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Plantago Asiatica Extract, Laminaria digitata, Ulmus campestris, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Peel Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata Extract, 4-terpineol, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Nonoxynol-12, Lemon Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Althaea rosea, Aloe Barbadensis, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance

The Enzyme Powder Wash ($9) by Tosowoong is a powder-to-foam mild cleanser that is enriched with vitamin E. I'm excited to see it has a pH level of 5.5, as my skin does better with gentle cleansers. I dual cleanse my skin each evening, which means I use an oil cleanser to remove my makeup and then a second cleanser, typically one that foams. This should fit nicely into that slot. I'll be interested to see how it compares to the other enzyme powder I own, which is from Amore Pacific and is quite pricey ($60) compared to this one.

This set also contained 4 masks, a Donkey Milk Healing mask ($2) and 3 Dr. Troubex Sparkling masks ($1.50 ea). I really enjoy the Donkey Milk masks and purchased multiples in every variety to round up my purchase to the free shipping amount in both hauls.

I also purchased a travel kit from Manyo Factory so that I could try out a variety of their products. Manyo Factory is a newer (2012) South Korean skincare company that utilizes only natural, organic, and botanical ingredients in their products. Consequently, the shelf life of their products is only about 6 months, which makes the travel sized items quite appealing to me as well. I'm currently using these and should have a full review up in a few weeks. Initial impressions are positive :-)
It will be interesting to see what Memebox will be like with the new changes. It sounds like they will be focusing more on their own brands Nooni, Pony Effect and I'm MeMe, while other brands will be sold and shipped directly by their partner retailers. I missed out on the early Memeboxes when the site first launched, which were great values, but I have really enjoyed the accessibility to Korean brands they have provided. They also have a 25% off code for their clearance items going on right now, in case you need to stock up on anything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment