...

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Declutter: Makeup Gone Bad

It's always a sad day when you realize the makeup or skincare item you are reaching for has gone bad. This happened with an eyeliner, which led me to go through all of mine and weed out those that just were no longer up to par or I no longer wanted in my collection. For example, here are several where the texture has obviously change and are no longer usable. All links are to original reviews.
The one made me sad, as stila's Turquoise Smudge Stick was unique to my collection and such a pretty color. It was limited edition back in 2013 when I purchased it, but looks like it's part of the regular collection now.
I also threw out several eyeshadows: two from ColourPop and the Toffee/Sandalwood duo from Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques.  Girl Crush had changed consistency, whereas Glow from the Kathleen Lights quad always looked chalky on me. One half of Toffee/Sandalwood had change consistency as well and was unusable. It was over 4 years old and is a natural/organic ingredient brand, so it had definitely passed it's shelf life.
The Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream never had a chance, as it was part of an older Sephora Favorites kit that I purchased on sale in November of 2016, thinking it was a good deal. That will teach me - check out the expiration date.
The It Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Primer went bad on me, which was my fault. It was a bit too rich for my oily skin so I only used it sporadically, so I still had about 2/3 of this pricey ($48) serum left.
I did manage to make a decent dent in the J.R. Watkins Lemon Hand & Cuticle Salve before it went bad on me. I liked using this at night during the few cold weather months we have, and it lasted a good 3 years before the smell told me it was time to toss.
I also threw out six mascaras, four that had been laying around for too long and the two bareMinerals Lash Domination mascaras from the Countdown to Gorgeous advent calendar. I just really do not like those!

No comments:

Post a Comment