...

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

stila Smudge Pot in Cobalt

stila Smudge Pots are waterproof gel liners that can be used as either a liner or an overall lid color, although be warned, they set fast so you have to be quick when smudging them out.
Cobalt is a medium royal blue that is just gorgeous.  It's vibrant enough to make a statement but not in a "look I'm wearing blue eye liner" kind of way.  If that makes any sense.  I found Cobalt easy to use as a liner, although I did have to do a couple of passes to build up color intensity.  Once dry, there is no smudging and it wore well all day.
I've become quite the fan of gel liners but honestly have never thought about using them as a shadow.  I'm guessing Cobalt would make a good shadow base.  For the photos below, I used Cobalt as a liner and softened it out with a similarly colored Smashbox shadow from last years holiday palette. 
stila Smudge Pots retail for $20 and Cobalt is actually an older shade that is not part of their current offerings.  If you are lemming this, there are several online retailers that are still offering it, often at a deeply discounted price. 

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment