...

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Wild Thing READY 4.0 Palette by Bare Escentuals

Now that I've fallen in love with Bare Escentual's READY eye shadow formula, I had to decide which of the Remix eye palettes I would pick up - The Wild Thing or The Next Big Thing?  The Wild Thing was actually more outside of my comfort zone, but also included some colors that I did not have dupes for, so The Wild Thing it was.  Was it a good choice?
Yes, yes, and yes!  I"m a bit obsessed with Sensational, which was probably the color I was the least enthralled with prior to purchasing.  It looks minty green or pale aqua in the pan, but contains an iridescent pale gold sheen that translates it into something much more special.  When used as a base, it transforms other colors in unexpected ways yet also works well on it's own as a highlighter.
Icon was a bit intimidating to me at first.  It has a satin finish with some very subtle micro glitter.  I've been drawn to chartreuse for years now when it comes to home decor, but wasn't quite sure how to incorporate it into a flattering eye look.  It definitely adds a pop of color!
I'm back in my comfort zone with Elitist, a khaki brown with a shimmer finish.  It's a nice neutral that fits wells with these colors, and was also part of The Star Treatment palette, which I adore and reviewed here.
Last up is Controversy, a vibrant peacock blue shimmer.  Indeed, The Wild Thing reminds me of a peacock feather!  Growing up, we had a huge vase full of peacock feathers in our living room, so I've got fond associations with this color scheme.
All of these applied easily and blended well.  Wear time is a solid 8 hours with primer, but I did have creasing after that.  I've got oily lids, though, so YMMV.  I used all 4 shadows for this look, as well as UD's 24/7 pencil in Mainline on upper lash line and Stray Dog on lower:
Here, I used Sensational from lash to brow bone and on the inner eye, and then blended Elitist over the lid.  Controversy is on my lower lash line.
The Wild Thing is a limited edition palette that retails for $30.  I'm really enjoying it!

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment