...

Monday, November 2, 2015

Cleaning Brushes and Beauty Blenders with Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap

Disclaimer:  I purchased this. 
I originally bought this bottle of Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap several years ago, intending to concoct my own shampoo.  That experiment was a dismal failure (you should have seen my hair that day), and I promptly stuck the bottle in the back of a closet and forgot about it.
But then I read a review talking about how great Dr. Bronner's was for cleaning makeup brushes, and I dug it out.  And guess what?  It cleans brushes and my Beauty Blender like nobody's business!
I put a few drops in a small dish with water, swish the brush around, and makeup residue melts off.  Some of my foundation brushes needed two iterations to get completely clean, but this is by far the easiest and quickest brush cleanser I've found.
It works equally well with my Beauty Blender, in fact even better than Beauty Blender's own cleanser.  If you are not familiar with Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap, it's a vegan/organic pure Castile soap that's been around over 65 years.  The company has a truly fascinating history which you can read more about here.
Bottom line, I've found my holy grail beauty tool cleanser, and at less than $11 for a 16 oz bottle, which should last a looong time.

No comments:

Post a Comment