...

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Mally Evercolor 5 Pc Shadow Stick Set

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I received one of Mally's Evercolor Shadow Sticks in the color Fireworks (full review here) a while back as a GWP, and I like it.  So, when I saw this 5 piece set on Ulta I decided to expand my Evercolor collection.  I was also hoping it would curb my desire for the more expensive Laura Mercier Caviar Stick holiday set.  Let's see how that worked out.
The colors are described as ombre, and I can kind of see that.  This is a neutral eye color lover's dream, with the array of soft beiges/browns/taupes.
Bliss is a soft taupe shimmer:
Brownstone is a medium warm brown shimmer:
Mahogany is a brown with burgundy shimmer and the darkest of the colors:
Moonlight is a pale yellow gold shimmer and works well as an inner eye, brow, and cupid's bow highlighter:
Timeless Taupe is a matte taupe and works well in the crease to give depth.  This could also work to shade other parts of the face, and it did a good job on the sides of my nose.  It's really similar in packaging/concept to Burberry's Effortless Contour Face & Eye Pen, but perhaps more cool toned than Medium 01, which is currently out of stock at Sephora.  This one is the most unique to me.
I did see a review from someone who commented on the lack of pigment in these.  I'm not so sure that they lack pigment, but more that they are are softer, more muted shades.  They make for easy work looks or no makeup/makeup looks.  Are they unique?  Not really, but I have a feeling they will be workhorses for me.
The shadow sticks apply easily and are smudgeable with a brush, although some of their complexity/shimmer is lost when you do that.  I smudge them out and then apply another layer to get more color impact.  One they set, I get 8-9 hour crease proof wear on my oily lids.  That's good.
Brownstone
Mahogany
Mahogany (outside in full sun)
Timeless Taupe in crease
Looks like this set is temporarily out of stock at Ulta right now, which was fast as I don't think it's been out very long. I'm assuming it will be restocked.
Brownstone

No comments:

Post a Comment