I have what I consider to be problematic skin. It's oily, congested, prone to breakouts, has under the skin bumps due to sebaceous hyperplasia, and is showing some tell tale signs of aging. Beyond the daily routine of cleansing, toning, and moisturizing, I use masques to give my skin some extra lovin'. Éminence is a Hungarian skincare company that has an extensive line of certified organic products. I discovered them at a spa that I frequent and have now sampled quite a few of their products. As described on their web site, the Éminence tradition began in Hungary more than 50 years ago in a small village where family knowledge of using herbs, fruits and plants in natural remedies spanned generations. Today the ingredients are still hand-picked and hand-mixed in small batches and are combined with thermal hot spring water to create products that contain potent healing and beautifying properties.
The masque I will be reviewing today is the Mandarin & Rooibos Antioxidant Masque, which is described as an immunity supporting and rejuvenating masque for all skin types, with:
- Rooibos: high in antioxidants, alpha hydroxy acid and zinc for healthy, smooth skin; useful when applied to skin irritations like itchy skin, eczema, sunburns, diaper rash and acne
- Mandarin Juice: stimulant; high in Vitamin C, it helps to clear impurities from the skin
- Orange Juice: antioxidant, nutrient; delivers high levels of Vitamin C, nourishes and enriches the skin
- Grapefruit Juice: antioxidant, antiseptic; gentle cleanser
- Biocomplex™: an antioxidant booster of Vitamins A, Ester C, E, Coenzyme Q10, Alpha Lipoic Acid; delivers a balanced mix of essential antioxidants and effectively combats free radicals
My skin always feels extra soft and more refined after an Éminence masque. I view using masques much like exercise - a one time session will not get you in shape, although you will feel invigorated and more motivated to get moving again. By dosing my skin with concentrated ingredients like those found in Eminence masques, I'm providing my skin with a boost that contributes to its health, and over time, has led to better looking skin. Éminence products are priced more towards the higher end of the spectrum and the Mandarin & Rooibos Antioxidant Masque retails for $52.00 for 2 ounces.
Éminence products can be purchased online from various retailers, including Skin 1 and Dermstore or from spas that carry the line.
Ingredients: Rooibos Tea Extract, Mandarin Juice, Orange Juice, Grapefruit Juice, Honey, Natural Moisturizing Factor, Tara Tea Extract, Biocomplex (Vitamin A, Vitamin C Ester, Vitamin E, Coenzyme Q10, Alpha Lipoic Acid), Vegetable Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum, Sweet Orange Oil, Mandarin Oil, Lemon Oil, Sodium Salicylate, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.