...

Friday, January 20, 2012

Look of the Day


Today's makeup was inspired by my hiking boots. Yep. I don't think I've mastered the "smoky eye", but that's always what I envision when I think of gray eye shadow. I'm not even sure my eye shape would work for the smoky eye look, so it's probably just as well.

Today's products include a primer shadow called "gunmetal" from the bareMinerals Prime Time collection, a gray brown powder shadow from Korres, 24/7 eye pencils in Zero and Dime, Tarte cheek stain in "True Love", Everyday Naturals mineral blush in "Memphis Rose", Urban Decay Eyelash Primer Potion, and Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara.





I'm liking the bareMinerals primer shadows - another cream shadow that has staying power and is plenty pigmented. They can be used as an eye shadow base or all on their own. I've also gotten to where using a mascara primer is an essential, as they really do flesh out skimpy lashes without the gloppy aspect I find multiple layers of mascara tends towards.

I thought the eye look turned out pretty well:

No comments:

Post a Comment