...

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Look of the Day

I've loved makeup since I was a little girl. I can even remember what my first makeup item was - a Cover Girl blush in pale peach that my mother gave me for Christmas when I was around thirteen. I can also remember the first time I used some brown eyeliner and how surprised I was at how it made my eyes pop, or at least I thought it did. That's not to say I'm a wiz at applying makeup or even particularly creative, but it is definitely something I enjoy.

While I have standard colors I wear on a day to day basis, especially for work, often I let my outfit of the day determine what color eyeshadow, blush, or lip color to wear. Today it was an apricot colored wool sweater jacket, which made me think of Urban Decay's Cream Shadow in Whipped as a base shadow.



That led to an orange shadow that I love from Smashbox's Click You're It palette on the middle portion/crease of my eye, with the beige shadow on my brow bone and the brown shadow lining my upper and lower lashes.


Next was Fusion Beauty's cream to powder blush in Crave, which you can see resting on the sweater that inspired it all. I did top that off with a bit of Benefit's Coralista, as Crave is quite subtle.


The finished look:

No comments:

Post a Comment