...

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Buxom Stay-There Eye Shadow in Pug

Stay-There Eye Shadows by Buxom are mineral infused, paraben free gel/cream/mousse shadows in a jar.  It's actually kind of hard to describe the consistency, but they have a spongy feel to them, and it's not usual for them to pull away from the jar.  Pug is a versatile smoky pewter color that makes for an easy smoky eye look. 
Now, I know the Buxom shadows are not the same formula as the L'Oreal Infallible shadows (or the Armani Eyes to Kill or Lancome Infinite shadows), but there are some marked similarities - which has it's pluses and minuses.  Here are the things I find similar to the L'Oreal and Lancome shadows:
  • Can be applied as a sheer wash or built up in intensity
  • High shimmer finish
  • Best applied with finger
  • Can be patchy
  • Waterproof
My biggest issue is that when viewed extremely up close, it's evident that there is some patchiness.  From a distance, it's not really evident, however, and they look fine.   But it still bugs me a bit. 
In the above picture, I applied Pug over Maybelline's Color Tattoo Tough as Taupe to see if that helped give a more smooth appearance, but I don't think it did.  It's not a deal breaker, but it is an idiosyncrasy with these shadows.  I find it's more apparent with the darker shades and hardly noticeable with lighter ones. 
I've also got Collie, which is a wonderful champagne shimmer, and I cannot see the patchiness with it.  Pug will start to crease on me after about 6-7  hours even with a primer, but that's not unusual as I've got oily lids.  However, I noted that Collie wore for 8-9 hours without creasing, but again, maybe the lighter color just made it less evident. 
The Buxom Stay-There Shadows are exclusive to Sephora and retail for $18.  I got Pug as part of the Sephora Favorites Glitz and Glam box.

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment