...

Monday, February 18, 2013

bareMinerals READY Blush: The Natural High - Remix Edition

The Natural High READY blush by bareMinerals is a peachy pink with a gold shimmer that I've seen compared to NARS Orgasm.  I never indulged in Orgasm, despite all the rave reviews, as I had read too many reviews that also used the dreaded "disco ball" description.  Shimmer is fine, but I prefer it on the more subtle end of the spectrum, and the idea that The Natural High could deliver all the positives of Orgasm without a potential disco ball effect did it's siren song thingy on me.
The Natural High was first released last year as part of a QVC Bare Escentuals Return to Radiance set.  Now part of the Remix spring collection, it is housed in a shiny aqua compact with a mirror and brush.
For those not familiar with the READY formula, it is still mineral based, but utilizes a cold-pressed method and contains a proprietary SeaNutritive Mineral Complex composed of positively-charged, antioxidant-rich sea minerals with cold-pressed camellia oil. So, all the goodness of minerals, but less of the mess that comes with loose minerals.  I like.  Actually, I love the READY eyeshadow formula and have become quite the fan of the 4.0 and 8.0 palettes.  So, how does the blush stack up?
Quite well!  It's smooth, blends out easily, and is nicely pigmented.  The color is buildable and can go from a light wash to a more intense finish.  The gold shimmer is visible without being too much, and the color is a realistic warm leaning pink.  I can see using this quite a bit as the weather warms up.
Interestingly, The Natural High has sold out online at Bare Escentuals and Ulta, nor is it available at Sephora online, but I do see it online at Macy's and Nordstrom's.   It retails for $22 and I'm wondering if this will be limited edition due to the packaging?  Not sure, so if you like it, time may be of the essence. 

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment