...

Monday, May 11, 2015

OCC Grandma Lip Tar + Nail Lacquer Duo

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I picked up the Grandma lip tar and nail polish duo from Sephora way back in November, but it took warm weather for me to break it out of it's packaging.  In my mind, warm weather + coral = summer.  I know we're not technically there yet, but it's hitting the mid-80's where I'm at, which means the air conditioner will be running steady soon.
Gah, but I love this shade.  With it's vibrant orange leaning red Grandma is not a delicate color, and I'm pretty sure I never saw my own grandma's rocking this color on their lips.  If you haven't tried an Obsessive Compulsive lip tar yet, just know that all you need is a smidgen to cover your lips, especially with the original matte cream lip tars. 
Grandma dries down to a matte finish that is relatively comfortable.  Prepping your lips is important, both removi any skin nubbies and moisturizing prior to using a lip tar.  I get about 3-4 hours of wear sans heavy eating. 
Grandma nail polish is darker in tone than the lip tar and leans more red.  It's a cheerful pop of color that makes me happy when I look down at my hands.  I did experience some chipping after 3-4 days of wear, which is slightly under par for me (I can usually go about 5-6 days without chipping and just tip wear). 
I don't believe the Grandma lip tar + nail lacquer duo is available anymore, but you can buy them separately.  The lip tars are $18 each and the nail polishes are $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment