...

Friday, January 6, 2017

It Cosmetics CC+ Creme with SPF 50

Dang it, I really didn't want to like this deluxe sample of the It Cosmetics CC+ Creme as much as I did. I've already got new jars/tubes of my favorite two foundations (Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques Creme Foundation and bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream), and just really do not need anything else. But this is niiiice.
So nice that I even cut it open to scrap out the last bits, which I only do when I really like something. Marketed as a full coverage color correcting cream with SPF 50 that can increase skin's hydration, smooth texture, and enhance brightness, it is chock full of beneficial skincare ingredients such as peptides, niacin, hydrolyzed collagen, hyaluronic acid, vitamins and antioxidants to help deliver on it's claims. The CC+ Creme seems to be striving for the standard set by Korean CC creams, which are supposed to not only provide coverage and sunscreen with some added skincare benefits, but also color correct (hence the CC) by reducing skin redness or sallowness.
Shade medium in outside light
The are five available shades and the medium worked well for my fair skin, but this is supposed to adjust to fit your skin tone. Considering my paleness and the mid-range shade is working for me....well, let's just say I doubt there is much here for those with dark skin tones, but maybe these adjust better then I'm giving them credit for.
Fully blended
I'd say the coverage is medium as opposed to full, but the finish is very natural looking. I did set it with powder but I do that will all foundations due to having oily skin. Wear time was a good 8-9 hours before I started noticing breakdown, and I had no problems with the CC+ creme causing breakouts or other irritation, so the formula seems to agree with me.
But ya'll, the price is a bit steep at $38. Yes, it's got skin enhancing ingredients and a high SPF plus you get 1.08 ounces, so there is that. I'm going to put this on a wish list for later in the year, maybe during the Sephora 20% off sale in November. By then I will have made a dent in some of my foundations and if this is still lingering in my mind, then I'll let myself pull the trigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment