Farmhouse Fresh haul where I got the Marshmellow Melt Shea Butter for my mother, and I decided to make another purchase so I could get the Fluffy Bunny Shea Butter for myself. It's a refreshing scent of lavender and mint julep that I adore, and once I used up the sample I busted out the full bottle so I could continue to experience the goodness.
Applying the Agave Nector oil ($18) on damp skin, followed by Fluffy Bunny ($30) gave me velvet soft skin that lasted all day. The Agave Nectar oil has a oat/milk scent that meshed nicely with Fluffy Bunny's lavendar/mint julep.
Crow Catcher Eye Transforming Serum ($46), per the Farmhouse Fresh site, "uses dermatologist-developed peptides and complex nutrient algae to visibly improve the entire eye area, reducing the look of wrinkle depth by up to 58% in clinical tests with female participants over 2 months. In clinical trials, 91% of participants saw disappearing crow’s feet, lines, and wrinkles - even dark circles and puffiness." I got about 10 days worth of use from the packet, and I liked it. The serum is light weight but with a lotion texture and absorbed nicely into my eye area. I wouldn't say it's particularly moisturizing, but it sounds like it's more of a treatment than a moisturizer. I'm not sure any topical reverses wrinkles, but this was nice. No plans to purchase, but I do have several more samples on hand.
The Bobbi Brown Intensive Serum Skin Concealer in Beige 6 was too dark/yellow for my skin tone, so it did not get used. The butter LONDON Lippy Moisture Matte in Ruby Murray, on the other hand, got worn twice and I thought it was quite a nice matte lipstick. It felt comfortable, non-drying, and lasted a solid 5-6 hours with a stain left after that.
Last up is Angel by Theirry Mugler, a polarizing perfume if there ever was one. People seem to either love or hate Angel, which probably has at least something to do with different skin chemistries. I wore this the obligatory 3 times, and each time I liked it less. First sniff was okay, but after that I found it cloying and borderline offensive. Top notes listed are are melon, coconut, mandarin orange, cassia, jasmine, bergamot and cotton candy; middle notes are honey, apricot, blackberry, plum, orchid, peach, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, red berries and rose; base notes are tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk, vanilla, dark chocolate and caramel. I'm sure it's swoon worthy on some, but not on me.
Now, it's time for the items I randomly selected for week 13! New items will be listed first, followed by those I'm still working on:
- DHC Resveratrol Lotion (foil)
- DHC Resveratrol Cream (foil)
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation in Light/Warm (card)
- J'adore Eau Lumiere by Dior (card)
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels (1 pair)
- Verb Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner (foils)
- Black Opium by Yves Saint Laurent (vial)
- Skin Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Face Gels for Forehead (1 application)
- BECCA Backlight Priming Filter (deluxe sample)
- DHC Pore Cleansing Oil (foil)
- Sephora Green Tea Sleeping Mask (I guess this is actually a full-sized item)
- Dr. D. Schwab Flawless Skin Fluid (deluxe sample)
- Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel (foil)
- Marcelle BB Cream in Golden Glow (deluxe sample)
- Sunshine Oil by Milk Makeup (deluxe sample)
- Obliphica Seaberry Hair Serum (deluxe sample)