...

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24-Hour Cream Gel Shadow in Bold Gold


Maybelline Color Tattoo 24-Hour Cream Gel Shadow has been making some waves on the beauty blogs. Available in 10 shades, I snagged Bold Gold to give them a whirl. According to Maybelline, these beauties use Ink technology to create 24HR wear shadow in a cream formula that glides on without creasing, keeps color vibrant, and is safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. There are some interesting (read bold) shades here, but also a few neutrals. Most of the neutrals had already been snapped up from the display I saw, but Bold Gold was still available so home it went with me. These apply quite well with your fingertips, although I used a liner brush along my lower lash line.

The staying power is quite nice, although the one time I wore it without eyeshadow primer it did crease after 8 hours. I have extremely oily lids, however, so that did not surprise me. With primer, it's good to go for at least 12 hours. I've seen these compared to MAC Paint Pots and Make Up Forever's Aqua Creams, both of which are much more expensive. These retail for around $7 and I was able to get mine in a buy one get 50% off the second item, so even cheaper! I'd like to see some more neutral colors in the mix, but overall, great product!

Have you tried these yet and if so, did they work for you? What other colors do you hope Maybelline will release?

No comments:

Post a Comment