...

Friday, January 16, 2015

Julep Boho Glam Maven Box for January

It has been forever since I took a Julep Maven box, but January's selections appealed to me enough to bite.  It was actually the beauty items as opposed to the nail polish colors that swayed me.  Julep has had hits and misses for me when it comes to their beauty products, so let's see which category January's offerings fall into.
But first, let's look at the polishes.  For the first time that I'm aware of, the Maven boxes featured only 1 polish color, and Boho Glam's was the uber pretty Galapagos teal crème Casey ($14).  However, those that replied to an email that Julep sent out would also receive one of three special effects metamorphic top coats.  I received the pink shifting Tyra.
I have yet to wear either, but here is how they look swatched on an enclosed card, including Tyra over Casey:
Now onto the beauty items.  The Boho Glam box included the Gel Eye Glider in Olive ($16), and I added on another one in Navy Smoke.  I have a bit of an addiction to eye pencils and have more than I could ever use up, but was interested in trying out Julep's formula, so there ya go.  And guess what?  It's quite good!  An added bonus was that both are matte, and I don't have a matte olive in my massive collection, so score!
These glide on easily and have good pigment that once it sets, is smudge proof.  Seriously, I rubbed them pretty vigorously, and they did not budge.  Don't be thrown by the black swatch below, as I also purchased some other products separately and got a Savvy box as a GWP.  The Savvy box was essentially a mystery surprise, and it included the black gel eye glider amongst other items. 
The other beauty item in January's Boho Glam box was the Sheer Coral Luxe Lip Conditioning Treatment ($24).  These are new tinted versions of the original Luxe Lip formula, which I've had and enjoyed in the past.
Sheer Coral adds just a hit of color with shimmer.  I do like the formula, which is non-sticky and feels very nourishing on my winter dry lips.  The Zamac applicator is indeed cold to the touch and feels quite nice when applying the gloss.
The ingredients include several that should keep lips in good shape, including Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Glycerin, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate, and Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax.  But don't expect color, because you are basically getting a sheer lip gloss.
Total box value was $84 with non-Maven pricing (Mavens get 20% off of regular priced products), and I payed $19.99.  Julep has introduced customizable tiers for new subscribers, but I've maintained my original account rather than pay the extra money for customization.  No need to go getting all fancy or anything :-)
Wearing Sheer Coral Lip Luxe and Olive Eye Glider

No comments:

Post a Comment