...

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Empties! Products I Finished in December

I can't believe 2014 is over, but it is.  Time flies and all that, but it really does seem to go faster the older you get.  I think there is a scientific explanation for that, but I can't remember what it is.  So, let's look at the products I finished in December instead, focusing on the ones I really liked :-)
Made it through a full sized Boscia Cool Cleansing Oil, and I quite liked it.  I honestly couldn't tell any cooling sensation, but it did a good job of removing my makeup and cleansing my skin.  I'd repurchase.
Scalp stimulator, anyone?  Sadly, I dropped the Phytopolleine Botanical Scalp Treatment on the floor, which broke the top of the ampoule off.  However, there as enough left to give it a good go, and I liked the cool/tingling sensation from the rosemary, sage, cypress, eucalyptus, and lemon oils in the formula. 
My all time favorite hair paste is natural ingredient based and quite inexpensive, Garnier's Pure Clean Finishing Paste.  This stuff is great, love it.  It took me a full year to use up the container, and even though I've got several other hair pastes I could use, I'm buying a new one of this.  It helps give my short hair piecy definition without weighing it down or making it feel dirty. 
The only item I wasn't happy with and threw out still full was the Maiyet Barneys New York perfume sample.  Described as a oriental floral with notes of myrrh, sandalwood, jasmine, indonesian patchouli leaf and bergamot, it did not appeal to me at all, to the point that I tried to scrub it off after I got to work.  Excellent staying power, I'll give it that.
Of the foil samples used up this month, there were a few that stood out (including an all time favorite, the DHC Head Oil), even based on the limited use I got from them.  The Capri Clear Moisturizing Spray (obviously the sample didn't spray) is 100% fractionated coconut oil, which is great for dry skin.  It was not greasy and soaked into my skin, leaving it soft and moisturized.  Very nice.
The other sample that stood out to me was the TriDerma MD Spot & Wrinkle Erasing Cream.  I've got several TriDerma products I've been using, and I like them all.  This reasonably priced cream ($24.99) contains rich botanicals, anti-oxidants, anti-irritants and five specialized brightening ingredients work to resurface skin naturally. 
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment