...

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Coral Candy Bouncy Blush by Maybelline

 Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I came across Coral Candy in the marked down bin at Rite Aid a while back, which motivated me to finally try out this blush formula.  I've read reviews on them that indicated they were not that long wearing, but given the discounted price ($3.79) I decided it was time to put it to the test.
Candy Coral is a lovely soft peach and the kind of blush color I'm drawn to over and over.  The firm but malleable mousse-like formula works best when applied with fingers, but I've got a small, dense brush that I like using to smooth out the color.  There is something about this type of formula that likes to settle in my pores, so I need to work a bit more to get smooth color.
I think of the Bouncy Blush formula as the precursor to Colour Pop's cream to powder products, except that Colour Pop seems to have perfected the formula.  Whereas Candy Coral lasts maybe 4-5 hours on me, everything I've seen about the Colour Pop blushes indicates more color impact and lasting power.  I've only tried their eyeshadows to date, but I think a blush and highlighter are in my future as well.
But wait, this review is about Candy Coral, isn't it?  And that's kind of the problem, as I can't keep from comparing it to, well, you know.  I do love Candy Coral's color, but the shorter wear time is a definite minus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment