...

Monday, August 10, 2015

Tonic Body Treatment Oil by Clarins

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I've embraced oils of all kinds - hair, facial, body - you name it, I lik'em. The Tonic Body Treatment Oil by Clarins was part of the Sephora Favorites Skin Wonderland set ($56, no longer available) I purchased during the November F&F sale. I'm still working my way through the items included in the set, but so far it's ranking as one of my favorites of the "Favorites" sets:-)
 

The Clarins' body oil claims to improve skin's elasticity, making it ideal for pregnant women and those going through puberty.  I fall into neither category, but what interested me was the ingredient list that is 100% derived from pure plant extracts:

Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate.
The fragrance definitely smells "herbal' to me, which I find pleasant.  I apply immediately after my shower to damp skin and that seals in moisture nicely, leaving my skin soft but not greasy or oily. This is a lighter oil that absorbs quickly, and I don't worry about fabric coming into contact with it. I've got some heavier body oils that did not play nicely with some raw silk pants I own, lesson learned.

The full sized body oil is $58 for 3.4 ounces, which makes it a bit on the pricier side.  I do like it, but am on the fence about purchasing after I finish my smaller travel sized version due to the price and having a surplus of body moisturizers I should be using before they go bad.  Although, a good sale or GWP, which Clarins offers several times a year, could sway me otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment