...

Monday, December 19, 2016

Countdown to Gorgeous Day 17: Be Calm and Ethereal FOTD

Day 17 of the Countdown to Gorgeous advent calendar brought a timely message and another loose pigment eyeshadow: be calm and Ethereal. This time of year can be chaotic, especially the closer it gets to Christmas. Anything that helps to promote a calm and in the moment frame of mind is always welcome! I find aromatherapy/scent helps me feel centered and calm, and have been diffusing rosemary and clove essential oils in my bedroom at night.
Ethereal is a soft peachy pink shimmer that could also work as a face highlighter, IMO. This is definitely a color I gravitate towards as an easy eye shadow base color, as it pairs well with browns, greens, plums, or navy.
Here I've paired it with plum, specifically Urban Decay's vintage 24/7 eyeliner in Crash and the matte burgandy Fur Elise and taupe Reinholder from Kat Von D's Ladybird True Romance palette.
I also used Ethereal to highlight my cheeks, cupid's bow, and nose, although the photos don't really pick up much shimmer. It was a warm (79 degrees) and soupy day in Mobile when I took the pictures, so lighting was a bit lacking.
I topped the Rose Passion lip oil tint with Ethereal, which gave it a diffused glow. Pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment