...

Monday, January 23, 2017

Empties! Products I Used Up or Tossed Sept-Jan

I'm behind on posting my empties, so I've got quite a backlog to get through, which will take multiple posts (links are to full reviews I've done). All photos were taken inside because it's super windy outside after the Saturday evening/Sunday morning thunderstorms which spawned all those tornadoes along the Gulf Coast. I was saddened to hear about the deaths in Hattiesburg and the damage at William Carey University. But I digress, and let's start with a category that I usually don't have much of - makeup items.
  • Two of the four sample Urban Decay eye primers (Eden and Anti-Aging).Their old eye primer in the wand was my HG at one point, but I'm not as fond of the newer formula.
  • Deluxe sample of the It Cosmetics CC+ Cream with SPF50. I liked it.
  • bareMinerals Blush Balm in Natural Passion. I'm proud of myself for using this up! Once I hit pan I just wanted to keep on going, so I used it a lot during December when I was reviewing products from the bareMinerals advent calendar. Love the formula and would considering repurchasing once I work through some of my other cream blushes.



  • bareMinerals Mineral Veil sample. I've been using this as my setting powder and have rediscovered how much I like it. I'm currently mixing the translucent shade with the tinted version, both of which I received in the advent calendar, which was timely. I'd considering purchasing once I run through my current crop of powders, which will be a loooong time.
  • Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener. I rediscovered how much I liked this when I added it to my 1st Project Pan and was sad to see it go. I like it the best of the under eye brighteners I've tried so far and would repurchase once I finish the others. I find this does a good job of brightening beneath my eyes without settling into fine lines, which are developing even as I type, it seems.
  • Also on my 2016 Project Pan was the Inika Brow pencil in Blonde. If you want a natural/organic ingredient warm toned dark beige brow pencil, this was a good one. It took a good 6 months of consistent use to finish, and now I'm moving on to one of the 3-4 other brow pencils in my collection, so will not be repurchasing.  
  • Keviu Aucoin Candlelight Celestial Skin Liquid foil sample pack. Nice but I have plenty of liquid luminizers I need to use up.
  • Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara deluxe sample. I'm a fan of EL mascaras in general and this one worked well for me. I've got such a backlog of mascaras to work through that it's ridiculous, but this one is a favorite.
  • Estee Lauder Little Black Primer. Love this stuff and use it daily. Will definitely repurchase once I run through the few of these I already own. This is the deluxe sized mini and I got a good 3 months use out of it.
  • Laura Mercier mascara. Eh, I don't really remember much about this one, but it was time to toss.
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance eye primer. This took the place of my previous HG Urban Decay primer once they changed their formula. I was reluctant to pay for a new one but bit the bullet during Sephora's November 20% off sale. I'm still looking for a drug store eye primer and want to try Milani's or Wet 'n Wild's, but can never seem to find them. 
  • Pur Air Perfection Cushion Foundation in medium. This wasn't really right for my oily skin and at 2 years old was ready to be tossed. I did get some use out of it but it never really grabbed my heart. It's also a bit pricey, IMO.
  • Benefit's Pore Professional sample pack. I've been using the few samples of this that I have on hand and like it well enough. My mom requested a bottle for Christmas after I gave her a few sample tubes, so she's a fan. I doubt I would purchase a full size for myself, but will definitely use up the sample tubes I've accrued.

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried Mary Kay's eye primer? I've used it for many years...20 maybe. Eye makeup always looks nearly the same at bedtime as it does in the AM. I don't have particularly oily lids now, but they do get a little oily. And 20 years ago they were much worse. From what I understand, both Milani and Fiona Styles make similar products...lightweight and clear like an eye cream, but dries velvety/matte. I don't generally care for the thick colored eye primers, unless they double as liquid shadow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried Mary Kay's eye primer, thanks for the heads up! I have heard good things about Milani's, and I'm about to try Wet n' Wild's.

      Delete