...

Monday, November 26, 2012

Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener

Photo Op Under Eye Brightener is essentially a subtle highlighter for the under eye area.  Instructions say to use it under concealer, but I often use it on top of concealer or just on its own.  The shimmer particles catch the light, helping to diffuse the look of dark circles.



The consistency is on the thin side and I have no problems with it settling into the fine lines under my eyes.  Do not expect for this to actually cover dark circles, as once blended it is quite sheer.  The shimmer provided is very fine without an obvious sparkle, hence the light diffusing claim.  It also contains ingredients to treat the under eye area, such as moisturizers and peptides, making it more than just an under eye brightener.
I picked this up at half price during one of Ulta's specials, and while I've enjoyed using it,  I'm not sure that it actually provides enough of a difference to make it worth it's regular price of $19.  I do appreciate the eye treating ingredients, however, which makes me more apt to use it up regardless of whether it is truly masking under eye darkness or not.  The picture below was taken in direct sunlight, and I think you can see some of the shimmer on my under eye area. 
Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment