...

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Empties! Products I Finished in September/October

I had so few used up products in September that I had to extend into October, so here are the products I've used up in the last 2 months.  There were a few standouts that I want to highlight, as I could see returning to them in the future.

Of course there is one of my staples, Pssssst dry shampoo.  It works, it smells good, it's reasonably priced.  What more could you want?  Well, I'm now trying a dry shampoo for blonde hair that has a yellow tint to it, so there's that.  Review forthcoming.
I've got oily skin and am always looking for either primers or foundations that can help me not be an oil slick mess.  It's a battle with me usually on the losing side.  I picked up a deluxe sample of FX Clear Prep matte foundation primer and anti-acne treatment somewhere along the way and color me impressed.    It does indeed mattify and make my pores a little less evident.  I still get oil breakthrough in a few hours, but that's inevitable with someone who produces as much oil as I do.  I like that this primer has a really nice ingredient list beyond what I typically see with most primers, so I feel like I'm getting some skin treatment as well as prepping for my foundation.  The downside is that Clear Prep is a bit pricey at $39. 
The Murad Clarifying Cleanser is another deluxe sample targeted at oily, acne prone skin.  It contains a 1.5% concentration of salicylic acid, which my skin responds favorably to.  This cleanser is formulated with encapsulated salicylic acid which is supposed to continually release acne treatment properties for hours, even after rinsing.  So the benefits are not just going down the drain.  I liked it and did not feel like it stripped my skin.  You can get a hefty sized 12 oz. bottle for $35, which is fairly reasonable.
The Ultraceuticals Ultra Hydrating Gel was part of a 3 piece set I picked up at TJ Maxx last spring for a song.  The entire set was fabulous and I'm now a fan of this Australian brand.  Unfortunately, it's pricey and somewhat hard to locate in US based shopping venues, online or otherwise. 
The Greenbody Greenplanet Energy conditioner was a deluxe sample I received in one of my Eco Emi subscription boxes, and it's really good.  I'll be switching over to this once I run through my current stock of Moroccan Oil products.  It is completely toxin and chemical free and instead uses cold-pressed, pure organic plant extracts and oils.  So, if you are someone who is trying to avoid parabens and sulfates in your products, I recommend checking out this line.  Beyond that, it performs great.  The story behind the line is interesting, you can read that here if interested. 

Contrast the Energy conditioner with another deluxe sample I received, Frederick Fekkai Salon Technician Color Care shampoo.  Notice how there is still some in it?  It's because I disliked it to the point I wouldn't finish it.  Sodium laurel sulfate is the first ingredient, which kind of contradicts the whole "color care" concept.

Last up was a sample of Lancome's Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate.  I liked it, but not enough to repurchase at it's $80 price tag.  I'll gladly use any samples that come my way, though:-)

Disclosure:  I purchased these.

No comments:

Post a Comment