...

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Aubrey Organics Silken Earth Powder Blush in Honey Bronze: Sample Series v. 3

Aubrey Organics Silken Earth Powder Blush is a silk-based blush and contour powder that "adds color and contrast where you want it to highlight your best features and brighten your complexion for a soft, natural look."  

The first ingredient in these is indeed silk powder, which intrigued me enough to want to know what it's possible benefits to skin might be.  According to what I found, silk powder:
  • Is rich in anti-oxidants
  • Has a high protein content
  • Contains 18 amino acids
  • Has moisture balancing properties
  • Absorbs excess oil
  • Reduces reflective light, creating a glow on skin
  • Has natural sun protection and anti-inflammatory properties
  • Balances skin pH levels
Okay seriously, what doesn't it do?  Ancient Chinese healers, recognizing silk's healing skin properties, used to dress wounds in silk cocoons, from which silk powder is derived. 
The powder used in Aubrey's Silken Earth blushes is finely milled and applies smoothly for a wash of color and subtle shimmer.  If you click on the pictures above you can better see how pretty the shimmer is.  I received Honey Bronze as a sample in my October Eco Emi box, and I like it enough to want to try some of the other colors available, especially since they are reasonably priced at $11.95 for 3 grams.  If you sign up for their e-newsletter, you can get 20% off of your first order. 
Disclosure:  I received this in my Eco Emi subscription box, which I purchased. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I tried my first blush a year ago from MAC and now I am totally a blush girl. The saleswoman told me that I would always remember her because I would fall in love with blush. I have a winter blush shade and a summer blush shade. This blush looks gorgeous and you are right it does everything! I may have to try it. Thank you for sharing. New follower here. I do hope you chose to visit my blog and follow back :) http://subliminallysmitten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete