...

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

cellCeuticals PhotoDefense Color Radiance SPF 55+ in Fair

I've still been searching for a good sunscreen that I can wear under makeup that is not  heavy or greasy.  I recently received a full sized bottle of cellCeuticals PhotoDefense in my New Beauty Test Tube subscription, which is described as
"an ultra-light hydrating sunscreen formula that provides extreen antiaging protection against daily UVA and ABA sun exposure and oxidative damage."
Cool!  It also contains patent pending Photoplex, a photostable complex with exclusive "Cellular EEQ (Excited Energy Quenchers) Technology.” Photoplex provides broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection and quenches both free radicals and advanced glycation end products.



I was unfamiliar with cellCeuticals, but it was founded in 2007 by a reconstructive and plastic surgeon, Dr. Garth Fisher, and beauty industry insider, Paul Scott Premo.  cellCeuticals goal is to research and develop innovative products based in biomedical technology that target skin aging.  A good sunscreen is definitely an essential staple for preventing skin aging, yet I avoided them for years because I hated the way they looked and felt on my oily skin. 
Fortunately, PhotoDefense lives up to it's claim of being light weight.  It does leave a slight sheen behind initially, but dries down enough so that I don't feel like it's compounding my oily skin tendencies.  The color I received is Fair, which is tinted enough to not leave behind a white or grayish cast.  I'd be interested in seeing how the medium shade looks, but Fair does work well enough for me. 

There are some interesting ingredients in this, which is probably one reason why it retails for $45:
  • Auto-Defense System- Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Ferula Assa Foetida Root Extract, Pyrus Communis (Pear) Fruit Extract, and Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract provide skin firming and powerful antioxidant protection.
  • Microalgae Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract with Astaxanthin provides both antioxidant and anti-glycation cellular protection.
  • Cholecalciferol (vitamin D) fortified supports skin repair and provides antioxidant protection.
Overall, I'm really pleased with PhotoDefense and am happy to have discovered it via my New Beauty subscription! 

Disclosure:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment