...

Friday, November 16, 2012

NOTD: Julep Amber

Today I've got a suede finish polish to show you, Amber by Julep.  Suedes are somewhat similar to a matte finish, except that suedes have a shimmer in them, whereas mattes tend to be a flat color.
Amber is a nice neutral medium toned taupe gold.  I've seen reports from others online that these are prone to chipping, so I was interested to see how Amber would wear.  I'm pleased to report that I experienced no chipping in 5 days of wear, although I did have the normal amount of tip wear you'd expect to see.
I used Seche Vite's base coat and 2 coats of Amber, but no top coat.  Julep's polishes regularly retail for $14, which I think is overpriced.  Hence why I joined the Maven program, so that I could sample their polishes at a significant discount.  So far, I like what I've tried!

Nail Files weekly link-up:


Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

3 comments:

  1. wow! no chipping after 5 days?! mine chipped so bad that it only lasted 24 hours before i took it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering if buffing your nails prior to application makes a difference (I buff mine with a 2 way nail buffer)? Or possibly different body/nail chemistry?

      Delete
  2. This color is so beautiful! It's the perfect neutral!

    Please stop by and say hi! leslyni.blogspot.com

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete