...

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Josie Maran Illuminizer

Now that warm weather has arrived, I've noticed that bronzers and shimmery highlighting products are being more prominently featured.  I've got to admit that I don't reach for illuminators very often, as sometimes the look translates to "shiny", which I definitely don't need.  Occasionally though, the idea of a bronzed, luminous face and body calls to me, and I give the few products I've got a whirl.

Josie Maran's Illuminizer is billed as a "bronze shade perfect for highlighting and adding an instant beautiful luminosity to the face, collarbone, and body". It's actually a light gold color to my eye, and a small dab of it packs a powerful punch.  Argan Illuminizer can be used alone or mixed with foundation, and comes in a 1 oz. glass bottle with a pump dispenser.  I find that the pump dispenses way more than you need and considering how concentrated and shimmery this is, unless you plan to use it on your body as well, there will be some waste.

Once blended, it does sheer out to a lovely shimmer.  I like this more for body than facial use, but that's just because of my oily skin and my desire to mattify as opposed to shine.  It does not feel oily on, and argan oil is supposed to be good for oily, acne prone skin as well as for dryer complexions.  I saw many reviews where people said they love mixing it with their foundation and the luminous look that it gives.

Argan Illuminizer is $28 for 1 oz, but like I said, a little goes a very long way.   I got mine as part of Sephora Favorites set, I think called Glitz and Glam.  I looked at the ingredients on both the Sephora and Josie Maran site and they are different.  I'm not sure which one is correct, but the list below is from Josie Maran. 

Ingredients:  Mica**, Zinc Stearate**, Kaolin**, Corn Starch Modified**,Ethylhexyl Palmitate**, Moringa Pterygosperma (Moringa) Seed Oil**, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil**, Lauroyl Lysine**, Hydrogenated Olive Oil**, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil**, Tocopherol**, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil*, Tocopheryl Acetate**, Phytosterols**, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract**, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract**, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil** May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)**, Iron Oxides (CI77492)**, Iron Oxides (CI 77491)**, Iron Oxides (CI 77499)**, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140:1), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007)**, Manganese Violet (CI77742)**, Carmine (CI 75470)**, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment