...

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream is a glycerin-based moisturizer that is the #1 selling medicated, vitamin-enriched cream on the Japanese market.  Yu-Be was developed in 1957 by a Japanese pharmacist at the request of a woman long-suffering from dry, cracked skin who was tired of using petroleum-based skin care products that she found to be greasy, messy and ineffective.


I was first introduced to Yu-Be when I received a sample of it from Sephora.  This yellow cream has a smell that is reminiscent of Vicks VapoRub, which I personally like.  That's probably because they both contain camphor, which provides a cooling sensation while acting as a slight local anesthetic and antimicrobial substance.  Yu-Be also contains a high level of glycerin and is fortified with vitamins E and B2.  The vitamin B2 is what gives Yu-Be its yellow color.
I like using this on my hands and feet before going to bed at night - it is supposed to be able to reduce calluses, soften hard, cracked heels, and help heal and prevent split cuticles.  I find it to be a quite effective moisturizer and a little goes a long way!  The 1.25 oz tube retails for $16.00 and I bought mine from Birchbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment