...

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Strawberry

Rite Aid had 40% off of Revlon products this week, so I decided to try the Colorburst Lipgloss in Strawberry, a lovely watermelon pink/red with silver shimmer.  I've been a fan of the Colorburst Lip Butters and was interested to see how the lip glosses in this line performed.  They are billed as "a pop of weightless color with vivid, mirror-like shine".   

The applicator is different - it's flexible, curved, and gives a bit when pressed against the lips.  This is supposed to help with even application of color.  The formula includes moisturizers and anti-oxidants, and I did indeed find this a comfortable gloss to wear.  It's lightweight but moisturizing, and wears surprisingly well for a gloss that is relatively non-sticky.  Wear time was probably 2 hours for me, but I'm constantly sipping on something so not much lasts long on me.

There are 15 colors available, including four new ones for the summer.  What did surprise me in looking at the color selection at my Rite Aid was the predominance of neutral and brown tones.  The only two that really appealed to me were Strawberry and a vibrant coral color whose name escapes me.  I chose Strawberry because of the shimmer, as the coral was a cream shade and I'm well stocked on those.    
The shimmer does make this ever so slightly gritty - nothing that was uncomfortable, but there is some texture there.   I could not tell any discernable fragrance or taste, although I've seen other reviews that said there was a slight vanilla fragrance that dissipates quickly.
For about $6, I think this is a really nice lip gloss! 

Ingredients:  Triisostearyl Citrate, Polybutene, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica Silylate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cellulose, Paraffin, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Phospholipids, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Hyaluronic Acid, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soluble Collagen, Galactoarabinan, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Squalane, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Ozokerite, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, BHT, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May Contain: MICA, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Carmine (CI 75470)].

No comments:

Post a Comment