...

Friday, May 4, 2012

J.R. Watkins Lemon Hand & Cuticle Salve

I don't think I was aware of how much conditioning my cuticles needed until I started photographing my hands for nail of the day posts.  Goodness gracious, they need some help!  Now that I'm more aware, I've tried several different products such as Lush's Lemony Flutter and OPI's Avoplex Oil - both good.   However, if you want a product that's 99.5% natural with no parabens, is relatively inexpensive, and works - then J.R. Watkins Hand & Cuticle Salve should be on your radar. 

It's generously sized at 2.1 oz and can also be used as a hand or foot cream, although it's recommended for use at night due to it's greasy texture.  It's not a heavy salve though - the texture is surprisingly light and emollient.  I got the lemon scented one, which I love, but it also comes in Lavendar and Aloe & Green Tea.  I really like this salve and will be checking out more of the J.R. Watkins products.  I bought this for $7.99 from Birchbox, but I've also seen J.R. Watkins at Rite Aid.  According to their web site, the J.R. Watkins Natural Apothecary line of personal care contains only natural, environmentally friendly ingredients from renewable resources, avoiding chemicals like parabens, sulfates, phthalates and more and, is one of very few lines to be certified by the Natural Products Association.  Plus, it's been around since 1868.  Gotta love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment