...

Thursday, October 11, 2012

e.l.f. Pressed Mineral Eyeshadows

I picked up a few of the e.l.f. pressed mineral eyeshadows in  some neutral shades recently.  Since I don't have much experience with e.l.f. products, I figured the mineral products were the way to go, as they are natural, 100% mineral based with no parabens, preservatives or chemical dyes. They are also reasonably priced at $3, and with e.l.f.'s frequent specials, sometimes even less expensive.  So how do they perform?
Lunch Break, Out All Night, Miss Popular

Pretty darn good!  They are soft and apply smoothly.  There is quite a bit of powder kick up when I use my brush on them, but I did not experience much fallout when applying to my eyes.  The pigmentation is about average, but they can be used wet to achieve more intense color.  Swatches below are over UD's Eden eye primer and the darker swatches are wet using BFTE's Mix & Fix medium.
Lunch Break, Out All Night, Miss Popular
Lunch Break and Miss Popular are similar, with Miss Popular having a more rosy cast.  Out All Night would make for a nice smoky eye.  Overall, these are nice shadows.  The selection of colors is not that great at 10 shades and you won't find any that are particular unique, but if you need some basic neutrals at a good price, these might be worth a shot. 

Here I used Lunch Break from lash line to crease and along the lower lash line.  I used Out All Night wet above the lash line.  I dabbed Midnight Cowboy Rides Again on the inner corners for a bit of bling.

To give you an idea of some of the specials that e.l.f. periodically runs, I got all of the below for about $28.  If you sign up at their site, they will send you emails letting you know about current specials. 


Disclosure:  I purchased these.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh these look fantastic! I haven't tried much from elf, the only thing I buy from them are the $1 concealer brushes for nail polish clean up and the $1 eyelash curler =) I'll have to try some of these out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering all the deals they run, it really is a low risk to try stuff out! The only dud I've tried so far are their eye liner pencils - it was a greasy mess.

      Delete