...

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Orofluido Shampoo and Conditioner

Orofluido is a brand that I became familiar with through my Birchbox monthly subscription box.  I was sent a sample of their Beauty Elixir, a hair serum that I promptly fell in love with.  Naturally, I decided I needed to branch out and try some of their other products to see if the love fest would continue.  I can be bit of a shampoo and conditioner snob, and for the past few years I've been primarily using Moroccan Oil products, with a few others interspersed in for variety. 

Fortunately, I was able to get the conditioner for free as part of my Ulta rewards and bought the shampoo so I could try both.  So what did I think?  Here are my pro's and con's for the shampoo and conditioner.

Pros:
  • Smells just like the Beauty Elixer, so if you like that, you'll like these.  Personally, I like the amber vanilla scent.
  • Both the shampoo and conditioner contain Argan, Cyperys, and Linseed oils, which help condition and protect hair.
  • Packaging is pretty.
  • My hair is easy to comb after using the conditioner.
  • Hair is soft and shiny after use.
Cons:  
  • Shampoo contains sulfates.
  • Price (I'd classify these as mid-range, as they run about $15 each).
Ingredient Lists
Overall, I'm not wowed by Orofluido's shampoo and conditioner like I was the Beauty Elixir, but by no means are they bad performers.  They just aren't really standing out for me, other than enjoying the scent.  If the shampoo was sulfate free I'd probably be more enthusiastic, as I do color my hair and prefer a shampoo that will not potentially undo my efforts in that area.

Disclosure:  I got the conditioner as an Ulta member's reward and purchased the shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment