...

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March Julep Boho Glam: Get Ready to Play!


Julep's theme for the March maven boxes was "Get Ready to Play!", and the colors reflect the beginnings of spring - smoky cremes inspired by colored chalk.  My maven profile is Boho Glam, and I've been sticking with it most months as those are the colors that have appealed to me the most or that I thought would best round out my collection.




















Since I have almost zero yellows, Leila's pale yellow opalescent shimmer seemed like a good bet.  I can also say I don't have anything quite like Joy, a smoky mauve creme.
Also included were Rock Star hand cream and a strawberry-mint lip balm.  I've been impressed with Julep's non-nail related products, and these two have not disappointed.  Rock Star is non-greasy with a faint floral scent that is not obtrusive but does linger.  I'd be interested in a non-scented version, although I don't think the scent of this is strong enough to offend.

The lip balm rocks!  It is very soft and emollient and has a tart strawberry scent.  It is so soft that I smushed it when I was swatching, so this is not the kind of thing you would want to carry in your pocket.  It feels great on and does a good job of hydrating my lips.  I may have found a new favorite!  Julep's products do not contain parabens or sulfates and feature more natural ingredients, so I'm quite pleased.

Very happy with my Boho Glam box this month, now bring on the warm weather!

Disclaimer:  I subscribe to Julep Maven's program for $19.99/mo.  If you would like to subscribe as well, please consider using my referral link.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment