...

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Sweet Watermelon

When I was growing up, my grandparents grew watermelons on their land.  I would spend a month with them every summer, and in the afternoons, I would follow my grandfather out to the garden to chose a watermelon.   He would slice it long ways in half, give me a spoon and one side of the watermelon, and I would dig in.  Later, we would feed the rinds to the cows.
I've got a different kind of Sweet Watermelon to show you today - one of the Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Sticks.  I wouldn't really describe the color as a true watermelon, but more of a peachy pink shimmer.  The color borders on frosty, but not to the point where I felt like I couldn't wear it without having flashbacks to the '80's.
Sweet Watermelon has a light texture and felt emollient on.  It does contain some conditioning ingredients such as mango and shea butters (petrolatum is in there are as well), and Neutrogena claims that your lips will be softer and smoother after wearing for 3 days.  I wouldn't describe the texture as waxy, as there is more of a slip to it, probably due to the silicones in the formula.  It did not dry my lips and wore surprisingly well, as I could still feel it on after wearing it on two separate occasions and (1) taking a shower and, (2) eating breakfast and drinking coffee. It swivels up so no sharpener is needed.
It does settle into lip lines, but it is not as apparent unless you are very close.  I'd like to try one of the non-shimmer colors to see how it performs, but overall, Sweet Watermelon is a solid performer!  I'm not over the moon about it, but for the price ($8-$9), not bad at all!
Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

Ingredients:
hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, polybutene, petrolatum, hydrogenated lanolin, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, ozokerite, cetyl lactate, myristyl myristate, polyethylene, bis-behenyl/isostearyl/ phytosteryl dimer dilinoleyl dimer dilinoleate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, silica, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, _avor, stearoxymethicone / dimethicone copolymer, ethylhexyl palmitate, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, silica silylate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, tribehenin, maltodextrin, sorbitan isostearate, lactic acid, punica granatum pericarp extract, palmitoyl oligopeptide May contain: mica, synthetic wax, titanium dioxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, iron oxides, red 7 lake, yellow 5 lake, red 6, red 33 lake, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, blue 1 lake, tin oxide, yellow 6 lake, carmine 

No comments:

Post a Comment