...

Friday, October 18, 2013

NOTD: Louise by Zoya

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I've got a thing for chocolate brown cream polishes.  So, when Zoya recently had a special offer going on, I made a beeline for Louise from the fall 2013 Satin collection. 
Zoya haul
Louise is a beauty, without a doubt.  Extremely glossy, this is two coats with no top coat.  The polish felt thin so I had to be careful not to get too much on the brush or it would pool, but was also very self leveling.  I was curious if China Glaze's Mahogany Magic was a dupe, so I've posted a picture of it below to compare.  Louise looks like dark chocolate compared to Mahogany Magic's milk chocolate, so not a dupe!
Louise by Zoya
Mahogany Magic by China Glaze
I used Louise as the base for some nail art (I know, unheard of for me) I was doing for Adopt a Shelter Dog month, but I'd wear this alone gladly!
 Linking up with The Nail Files hosted by Well Shut the Front Door!
Well Shut the Front Door!

8 comments:

  1. I love this!!! Louise is a fantastic colour (I actually prefer it to Mahogany Magic, I think) and your dots are super cute! I love it all! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh lala, I really like the nail art you did with this!! Your dots look fabulous!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it's about the only type of nail art I can muster up!

      Delete
  3. That's really pretty & I love those Zoya polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Love the brown, the gold flecky polish looks very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love brown nail polish, and that Zoya collection was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I <3 Zoya. I really need to make a pitstop at Ulta sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete