Skynn Iceland is a brand that intrigues me, so when Hautelook featured them several months back at 50% off, I picked up the White Cloud Spot Corrector and the Nordic Skin Peel. This post will focus on the Spot Corrector, as I recently finished it and feel like I can now review it properly. Here is how Skynn Iceland describes it;
Years of fast-paced living and the impact of environmental stressors leave their mark on skin, resulting in dark spots, uneven tone and age spots.
White Cloud Spot Corrector is a potent lightening treatment that gently and effectively combats hyperpigmentation with cutting-edge melanin reducing technology, antioxidants and advanced but gentle skin brighteners in as little as six weeks. Licorice helps lighten existing pigmentation and prevent new darkening, stabilized Vitamin C, a proven antioxidant, penetrates deeply to help brighten and diminish signs of aging. Retinoids help even tone while softening the appearance of fine lines. Skin is clarified, more even toned and restored to a translucent and luminous state. Good for even delicate skins.
- Lighten-Up Complex, which contains a powerful melanin inhibitor, helps decrease melanin synthesis and quantity to lighten skin, lessen pigmentation and increase radiance
- Whitening-Brightening Complex, with a potent tyrosinase inhibitor, dramatically reduces pigmentation and has a proven skin-lightening effect
- Retinoid Fluid, a bio-available form of vitamin A, helps decrease the effect of UV-induced skin damage and lightly exfoliates skin to enable the products other actives to better penetrate skin and perform more effectively
- Licorice Extract, well known for its brightening qualities and categorized as a quasi drug in Japan and Korea, helps inhibit tyrosinase activity and reduce melanin production
- Stabilized Vitamin C, a proven antioxidant and skin brightener, protects against cell damage, promotes collagen synthesis and inhibits melanin production
- Adaptogen blend of Arctic root, maral root and Siberian ginseng helps protect skin against stress- and age-related damage
- Biospheric Complex -- A proprietary blend that delivers the unmatched purity and vital nutrients of Iceland's natural resources (water, earth and air) to restore and rebalance stressed-out skin; mineral-rich Icelandic glacial water (water), indigenous Arctic berries (earth) and oxygenated liposomes, butterfly bush and thyme extracts (air) unite to dramatically soothe, strengthen and stabilize stressed skin
Yes, and yes! The patch of melasma under my left cheek bone is almost completely gone. The change was definitely gradual over time, but I can tell a difference. Overall, I'm quite pleased with the White Cloud Spot Corrector and would repurchase, even at the regular price of $55 for an ounce. I'm hoping Skynn Iceland comes back to Hautelook at some point, because then I'll snap up several of these:-) I just received a spot correcting serum from Le Métier de Beauté, so it will be interesting to compare the two considering the LMdB version is slightly more than twice the price of Skynn Iceland's.