...

Friday, July 11, 2014

Beauty a la Mode Duo by Laura Geller

 Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Beauty a la Mode contains a dessert inspired duo for cheeks and eyes, the Blush -n- Brighten in Dreamsicle and the Baked Eye Pie shadow trio in Apple Peach Pie. 




Laura Geller specializes in baked products, and while I've dabbled a few times in her products, I've yet to get hooked on any.  Okay, I did use up an entire Balance -n- Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation a few years back, but the Baby Cakes Blushed palette (review here) is still languishing, unloved.  Could Beauty a la Mode change my perception, perhaps?
Well, yes and yes!  Both items are really lovely, with good pigmentation and smooth color.  Let's start with Apple Peach Pie, the eyeshadow trio.  The top triangle is a lovely coppery gold shimmer, followed by a mossy green satin, and then a salmon pink satin.  I was uncertain how all three would look together, but found they do complement each other.
Here's a few looks I've done with them.  You can also use these wet to intensify color, which is what I did with the green above my lash line.  The iridescent lighter green on the inner lower lash line is Kudos from the Bare Escentuals Star Treatment palette. :
 I'm even more enamoured with Dreamsicle, a warm learning medium pink with a satin finish.  I didn't have to struggle to get color with this one (I'm looking at you, Baby Cakes palette), nor was there the high shimmer factor that's in a lot Laura Geller's baked blushes.  Love.
I bought Beauty a la Mode on sale from Ulta.com, but I don't see it there anymore.  It is still available at laurageller.com for $39. 

4 comments:

  1. love, love, LOVE the colors! I was also a bit skeptical about how they would look together, but they looked great on you!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wasn't expecting much from the eye palette, but was pleasantly surprised!

      Delete
  2. That blush is so gorgeous! And your skin is so glowy and healthy as always!

    ReplyDelete