...

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Smoky Quartz/Twilight Pressed Eyeshadow Duo by Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques

I'm always excited when I receive makeup items in my Eco Emi subscription box, as they typically are not something I already have in my collection and they are going to be from a natural ingredient based cosmetics company.  That's how I actually discovered Lauren Brookes Cosmetiques, and since then I've found a foundation from them I really like (review here), as well as their pressed eyeshadows.  Lovely formulas on both!
Another thing I love about receiving items in subscription boxes is that often the colors are not ones I would have gravitated towards on my own, but that I end up loving.  Such is the case with this gray duo, both of which feature a matte finish (I'd say they look more satin).  The darker Smokey Quartz has great pigmentation, applies smoothly, and blends out easily while still maintaining intensity.  The lighter Twilight was also lovely to work with and made for a great base shade.
Twilight, Smokey Quartz
For this look, I used Maybelline's Inked in Pink Color Tattoo cream shadow as an all over base color to work with, mainly to help warm up the cool tones of this duo, plus I like pinks/grays together.  The wear time was an impressive 8-9 hours before I could see some disintegration.
In this one, I used a grayish green cream shadow from Sula Beauty called Big Flirt (review here) as the base, which has a nice silver sparkle to it.  It gave the overall look a slightly greenish cast.
 The shadow formula is quite interesting:
  • Zinc: Natural UVA & UVB protection. Protects against free radical damage.
  • Broccoli Seed: Rich in Vitamin A & Essential Fatty Acids, Moisturizing.
  • Orange Peel Wax: Excellent emollient properties, provides a protective barrier for skin, anti-microbial.
  • Lecithin: Rebuilding, restorative agent. Supplies Vitamin B and reduces cholesterol build-up in the skin.
  • Jojoba: Nourishing and hydrating.
  • Allantoin: Stimulates new and healthy tissue growth, a skin cell proliferant.
I've got one other Lauren Brooke eyeshadow duo that I bought last Christmas called Toffee/Sandalwood, and the formula seems to be consistent in the two I've now tried.  Available in 8 color combos, the duo's are $12 each, but you can sign up for email alerts on periodic sales. 

3 comments:

  1. $12 isn't a bad price for some gorgeous, all natural shadows! Thanks for sharing! I had never heard of this brand before!!!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the formula on these, will probably get another one at some point :-)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete