...

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Overboard Pure Finish Cream Eyeshadow by Elizabeth Arden

Overboard ($21) is one of the Elizabeth Arden spring limited edition Pure Finish cream shadows that I picked up months ago.  It's a medium bright blue in the pot, but sheers out considerably when applied.  
The feel and texture of the cream shadow is so frickin' cool - all spongey and springy to the touch.  I don't have anything else like it, although I'm assuming it's similar in texture to Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blush.  Just a guess, as I haven't tried those.

Sadly, the finish is a bit less than smooth.  Somehow that fun texture isn't quite translating into the kind of smooth color I prefer in an eye shadow, although I can get some decent eye looks from the product.  As long as you're not violating my personal space, I doubt the less than perfect finish is that obvious. 
I think the difference in color between these two pictures is because I applied the blue over the peachy coppery base shade in this one.
But it's not great, you know?  Come to think of it, I don't have a decent blue cream eyeshadow, which is what attracted me to Overboard to begin with.  Guess I'll keep looking.

2 comments:

  1. ugh, what a disappointment! I mean, it was such a pretty shade in the pot!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I had higher expectations for this :-( Elizabeth Arden can be really hit or miss, I've found.

      Delete