...

Friday, August 29, 2014

Paint Ball Inspired NOTD: Estee Lauder's So Vain and Black Plum

Recently I received an email from Estee Lauder featuring an interview with Eleanor Langston, a former magazine beauty editor and current owner of Paintbox nail salon in NYC.  One of Paintbox's classic designs is called "Paint Ball", and the minimalist design and color scheme really appealed to me.  So, I copied it with two Estee Lauder polishes called So Vain and Black Plum.
I used Julep's dotting tool which connects to the Plie wand, and it worked quite well.  I did have a bit of smearing of the dot on my index finger when I applied my top coat, probably from not having allowed it to dry long enough.
So Vain, Black Plum
So Vain turned out to be a surprising favorite for me, as it's a good nude shade for my skin tone and has a bit of shimmer in it that is more evident in strong light.  Application was seamless and I'm going on day 4 of wear with only a chip where a nail is flaking.
Estee Lauder polishes run a whopping $21 each, and I got these two as part of the Delectable Lacquers gift set last year.  Definitely more economical that way.
 

 photo newbutton_zps284b4cd7.jpg

Linking up with The Nail Files hosted by Jennie Shaw!

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the look of the single dot at the base of the nail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It's simple but oh so cool!! I agree with you that the nude looks fabulous with your skin tone. But $21 per bottle? YIKES! That's crazy. Awesome that you got them as part of a gift set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a simple and stunning design! I love the Plum shade. So pretty! How do you like the plié wand? I am so curious to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the plié wand for doing a pedicure, but find it a bit clumsy for a manicure. I didn't have any issues using the dotting tool with it, however. It's nice to have, but not revolutionary :-)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's pretty much the only nail art I'm any good at!

      Delete