...

Monday, May 9, 2016

Dovima Brow Enhance Palette by Le Metier de Beaute: April VIP

 Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
April's VIP subscription offering by Le Metier de Beaute is a quad palette of matte brow powders.  After receiving it I set it aside to take pictures and almost forgot about it.  I'm happy I finally got the time to take some pictures and try it out, because this is lovely!

The pigmentation on these is fierce!  Not only that, but they apply smoothly and can be buffed out if you want to use them as an eye shadow or contour shade. I've been using the bottom and left side shades as contour powders and a light hand is needed - basically just tapping the brush on the pan to pick up a touch powder.  Seriously, great formula.
I've used the lighter right side shade and the bottom taupe as brow powders, both to good effect. The tip card highlights using them for a multi-dimensional brow look by using more than one color, so I'll be playing with that as well.
Dovima's one weak spot is the packaging, which features a loose and rather cheap feeling brow brush rattling around in it's plastic dungeon. My tip to LMdB (as if they are listening) is to either ditch the brush and rethink the packaging, or secure the brush in it's compartment. 
I'm speculating that this could be a pre-launch type of product and therefore it may not be quite ready for prime time packaging wise, or alternatively it will only see the light of day in the VIP subscription program and LMdB was cutting costs on the packaging.  Regardless, the brow powders themselves are stellar.  Here I'm wearing the right side golden tan shade as my transition crease color.  I also used as a brow powder with a darker brown grow gel over it for more definition.
Below is the bottom taupe shade as a brow shade and also to line my lash lines and as a crease transition color.  Versatile indeed.
LMdB has opened the 2016-2017 VIP subscription for new members.  I've subscribed for 3 years now and have discovered more than a few products that I really love, however I've decided not to subscribe again this year.  I'm swimming in makeup and really need to dial it back for a while.  Also, the VIP subscription has evolved in it's 3 year lifespan and this past year was only so so for me.  While the last few months have been great, there were also several months that just did not seem up to LMdB's usual curation/formula standards.  Regardless, here are the VIP program details in case you are interested, and who knows, the 4th year could be the best:
  • One Time Annual Fee of $348 ($29/month for 12 months)
  • Shipping is included
  • First shipment is August 1, 2016
  • One full-sized item or an assortment of items shipped to you at the beginning of each month
  • Curated mix of color, skincare, pre-release sneak peaks, lab previews and exclusives

No comments:

Post a Comment