one) or looking for key words such as "gentle" or "protects skin's moisture levels", and looking at ingredient lists. Also, non-sudsing or low-sudsing cleansers typically have low pH levels, and some cream cleansers can make a good alternative to foaming cleansers as a second cleanser after using a cleansing oil to remove makeup.
A rich, luxurious creme cleanser that cushions and conditions skin while gently and effectively sweeping away impurities. Three key emollients help restore skin's moisture barrier, helping skin retain natural lipids. Ensures your skin's comfort from the very first step of your skincare routine. This is the pampering cleanser your skin has been looking for.
- Olive Fruit Oil: Contains essential fatty acids, including oleic, palmitic, and linoleic acids. It Phenolic compounds also provide antioxidant benefit.
- Glycerin: Humectant and moisturizer.
- Safflower Seed Oil: contains about 78% of linoleic acid, which is a principal fatty acid which can not be generated by the body. Helps skin retain moisture.
- Linoleic Acid: anti-inflammatory, acne reduction, moisture retention.
- Green Tea Leaf Extract: anti-oxidant, helps stimulate microcirculation.
- Barley Extract: Contains vitamin C, antioxidants, and minerals and helps improve elasticity of skin.
- Squalane: an antioxidant, prevents UV damage and the formation of age spots, promotes cell growth and is an antibacterial.
- Sage Leaf Powder: Antioxidant and antibacterial.
- Wheat Germ Extract: Helps support collagen production.
Fruit Stem Cell Complex and citrus Kombucha, rich in skin friendly probiotics and aminos, replenishes beneficial microflora. Clarifying willow bark and aloe vera gently foam to whisk away excess oil and dull surface cells, maintaining a healthy moisture barrier for clean, clear skin. Gentle and non-drying, for a healthy complexion.
- Willow Bark: Astringent, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties soothe skin, neutralize bacteria, and promote cell regeneration.
- Lemon Juice: Gently clarifies by loosening surface oil and impurities.
- Sugar Cane: A natural source of glycolic acid, gently exfoliates.
- Kombucha: Active enzymes; improves immunity, neutralizing germs and bacteria.
- Aloe Vera: Soothes, oxygenates, and hydrates, advances dermal absorption of beneficial vitamins and nutrients.
barbadensis juice*, decyl glucoside, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate,
vegetable glycerin, sodium PCA, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane) and
citrus medica limonum (lemon) juices*, saccharomyces xylinum (kombucha)
black tea ferment, fruit stem cells (malus domestica, solar vitis) and
bioactive 8 berry complex*, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (vitamin C),
vitis vinifera (grape seed) polyphenols, lippia citriodora (verbena)
extract, salix alba (willow bark) extract*, citric acid, tocopherol
(vitamin E), aspalathus linearis (rooibos) extract*†, allantoin, sodium
benzoate, potassium sorbate, ethylhexylglycerin, cymbopogon flexuosus
(lemongrass) oil, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil*
Hada Labo Tokyo Gentle Foaming Facial Cleanser is a hydrating, gentle foaming, creamy cleanser which purifies skin while protecting and locking in skin's essential moisture, leaving it clean, refreshed, silky smooth and healthy looking. Fragrance Free, Paraben Free, Soap Free, Alcohol Free, Dye Free.
In order to behave, skin needs to be cleansed (but not too vigorously), moisturized, detoxed, protected, and refreshed—every single day. Fortunately, this botanical-based cleanser can handle our skin’s long list of demands, giving it a thorough-yet-gentle clean that removes impurities and preserves moisture, all in a wonderfully sudsy wash.
Bottom line, all of these cleansers worked well for me. I think a gentle facial cleanser that does not strip my skin is the way to go for me, although I've got an arsenal of pH adjusting toners that I can use when I want to veer outside of low pH territory.