...

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Genuine Glow Highlighting Creme for Face and Eyes in Bare Blush

Disclaimer: I purchased this.
This is a product that seems to be flying under the radar, as I really have not seen much posted about it. Which is a shame, because Estee Lauder's Genuine Glow Highlighting Creme ($20) is quite lovely!
Available in three shades, Gleam Glow, Sweetest Thing, and Bare Blush, I opted for Bare Blush as it seemed the lightest option of the three. Online swatches were few and far between so it was really a toss up, but fortunately Bare Blush has not left me disappointed. These twist up cream pens are touted as a "highlighting wash of color", and Bare Blush has a slight pink undertone with just enough icy shimmer to give it impact without looking frosty or metallic when blended out on the skin.
The applicator is a twist up pen with a soft cushion on the end. I find the size of the cushion is just right if I want to touch it to the corner of my eyes, as it will leave a small dot of the cream that I then tap on with my fingers. I also tap it along the tops of my cheeks, down the bridge of my nose, on my brow, and on my cupid's bow to highlight all the usual places. It does not interfere with my foundation and using my fingers to smooth it out has given me the best results.
God knows I did not need another highlighter, but I'm happy to have this in my collection. It has a 4.8 out of 5 star rating on the Lauder site, and I think it's definitely a hidden gem if you don't mind a click pen applicator. Fortunately, this one is working well to date, as I don't have a problem with product gushing out.
I'd say the biggest drawback is that you are getting a mere .11 ounces for your $20, but the amount I use is also quite small, so I would imagine this will last me quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment