...

Thursday, May 30, 2013

e.l.f. Earthy Mineral Eyeshadow: Review, Swatches and Comparison

The second out of four e.l.f. shadows that I purchased a while back is Earthy, a spring green shimmer.  I love this color of green and am attracted to it in almost any form - furnishings, paint colors, clothes, eyeshadows.....
Earthy is a soft color and  you can see silver and pink shimmer bits in it, which gives it a hint of a glowing quality on the eye.  The consistency was very nice and I found that it spread easily and smoothly, with minimal fall out.  It wore well over primer, with very light creasing after a full day's wear.  My lids are quite oily, so wear time may be even better for others.
Sun
Late afternoon shade that had this interesting glow
The only other shadow I have that I could think of as a possible dupe was the bareMinerals Glimmer loose shadow Magnetize, which I picked up several years ago.  However, once I put them side by side it was evident that Magnetize has much more yellow in it, making Earthy look positively minty in comparison.  Comparisons like these really help me to get a better since of undertones and color families, as I would not have though of Earthy as "minty" prior to this.

Magnetize, Earthy
Earthy, Magnitize
I really like e.l.f.'s Earthy and think the quality is there.  Factor in that it is so inexpensive at $3, and you've got quality + inexpensive = winner!

Don't forget to enter my first giveaway!

Update:  Just received an email from e.l.f. and they are having a sale:  40% off if you spend $30 (code MORE40) and 25% if you spend $15 (code MORE25).  Sale expires on June 3rd.

 Disclaimer:  I purchased this and have no affiliation with e.l.f..

2 comments:

  1. hey the green actually stands against your blue eyes quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably one of the reasons why I liked it so much!

      Delete