...

Thursday, May 23, 2013

NARS Orgasm Illuminator

I may be one of the few women addicted to makeup who doesn't own NARS Orgasm blush.  I did acquire a deluxe sample of Orgasm Illuminator a while back as part of one of Sephora's Favorites collection.  It has languished in makeup purgatory until recently, when I saw a review from The Beauty Look Book comparing the Orgasm Illuminator to Tom Ford's new Beauty Skin Illuminator in Fire Lust.  I enjoy reading about Tom Ford's cosmetic line, but the prices have kept me from indulging in anything, as I don't want to venture down that slippery slope.  So I searched for my NARS Orgasm Illuminator and have been using it this past week - and I like it!
These light-reflecting liquids are supposed to enhance the complexion and create a shimmering incandescence.  The effect is quite subtle, as it doesn't supply color so much as a soft glowing shimmer effect.  I put a dab in my palm and then use a stipling brush to apply to my forehead, my upper cheeks and over my brows in a C pattern, and the bridge of my nose.  It can also be blended with foundation or moisturizer for an all over glow. 
The Orgasm Illuminator is a coppery peach with fine gold shimmer, but there are three other colors available:  the more vibrant Super Orgasm which contains gold glitter, the pearlescent Copacabana, and the golden Laguna.  They are $30 for 1.1 oz.
Do you use illuminating products or have a favorite? I usually forego them as they tend to make my already oily skin look too shiny, but I think this one is working for me.

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

3 comments:

  1. Your skin looks awesome as always, the lip color is also very nice, what are you wearing?
    I own two things from nars, mini laguna bronzer and the body bronzing oil, both of which came from sephora favorite sets. I wish I can get some nars blushes, but the price is too high, and don't even get me started on tom ford stuff haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks, as I always think my skin looks bad. We are usually our own worst critics, aren't we?

      On my lips I'm wearing a mixture of OCC's lip tars Divine and Melange. Those are another slippery slope, as once you start collecting them, it's hard to stop:-)

      Delete
    2. Oh hahaha, I have wanted a set of lip tars since Christmas, I will try to stay away, for now....

      Delete